Romance isn’t always spontaneous, despite how it might seem in romance movies. In real life, you have to make plans to make romance happen. It’s not that difficult (unless you want a crowd singing and dancing to your loved ones like in a musical), but it takes work and planning. Here are a few things you should plan ahead. This is especially true for days like Valentine’s.
• Make reservations at the restaurant. You don’t want to arrive only to find that your favorite restaurant has a wait of a few hours. This is especially important on Friday and Saturday evening and on holidays.
• Order your flowers early. Roses may sell out for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. Poinsettias become harder to find the closer it gets to Christmas. Remember, even the best-stocked florist doesn’t have an infinite supply of flowers.
• Make sure you both know the overall plan for the date. She needs to know where to meet you or what time you’re picking her up. She also needs to know what to wear. If you’re going someplace formal, don’t assume she will be dressed up unless you tell her to.
• Don’t wait until the last minute to get tickets to that event you want to go to. It may be sold out.
• If you think the date may end at your place, be sure to clean up beforehand. Nothing kills the mood faster than walking into a dump that smells like last week’s laundry.
Let us help you with planning for Valentine’s Day! Be sure to get your order in for some of our gorgeous Valentine’s Day flowers in Houston, TX, today!
Have you planned where to take your loved one on Valentine’s Day 2013? If you’re in the Houston area, you’ll find a number of great things to do that are a bit out of the ordinary. After all, you don’t want to go to that same restaurant and order the same meal again, do you? Spice up this Valentine’s Day by trying these fun ideas.
Moody Gardens is a great place to go for Valentine’s. You can stroll through the beautiful grounds and take a look at some of the unique exhibits.
Not a fan of Valentine’s Day? Well, you can always attend the Howl at the Moon’s Anti-Valentine’s Day party! It’s sure to be a lot of fun whether your single or part of a couple who isn’t into hearts and cards.
Sambuca is a great bar and restaurant for those who love contemporary jazz. It’s consistently packed on Valentine’s Day, though, so if you want to treat your significant other to this great atmosphere, you better make reservations now. You get a three course meal, amazing live music, and the chance to show off your dance skills.
Spending some time in Houston’s museum district is a different yet still interesting way of spending Valentine’s Day. It’s certainly not traditional, but it may be exactly what you need to break out of the Valentine’s Day mold and experience something different.
Of course, if none of these ideas sound great, there’s always the old standby: a romantic dinner at home. Whether you sneak in take-out or cook it yourself, there’s nothing quite like dining by candlelight with your loved one. You can go all-out and make some exotic dish served with wine, or just go for something simple. Either way, spending time alone together is what Valentine’s Day is all about.
Don’t forget the fresh flowers, either—nothing puts one in the Valentine’s Day spirit than a bouquet of gorgeous Valentine’s Day flowers delivered in Houston, TX.