It’s time to deck the halls with boughs of holly! Have you started setting up your Christmas decorations yet? If not, now’s the time. Here are a few things you might want to think about before you start decorating:
• Do you want a live tree? If so, start shopping for one soon before all the good ones are taken.
• Are you buying new ornaments? Some, like yearly ornaments, have been available for a few months now. Some of the most popular ones may already been sold out.
• Are you going with a theme this year? If so, do you know what it is?
• Where are you putting your Christmas tree? This often determines the overall way your decorations go.
• Are you putting up an outdoor display? If so, that will take a lot more time. You may also need help if you’re getting up on the roof.
• Are you going to make ornaments? Making ornaments can be a great family event, especially if you have children. Gather the supplies now and start working on them.
• Are you hosting any holiday events? If so, this sets a deadline for your decorating to be finished.
Once you’re ready to start decorating, do so with a plan. Don’t just pick a box of decorations and start throwing them here and there. Put up the tree, then do the lights. Finally add ornaments. If you have items that always go in the same place, like a nativity scene for your mantle, go ahead and put them out, too. Then start filling in with your other items. In the end, you’ll have a cohesive theme and a beautifully decorated home!