We love movies, but we especially love romantic movie, and there’s no better month to watch a romantic film or two that February. If you don’t want to get out and deal with the crowded restaurants and events on Valentine’s Day, why not stay in and watch a movie or two? Here are a few of our favorite romantic movies.
1. Ever After. Sure, it’s a re-telling of Cinderella, but Drew Barrymore brings something amazing to the role. It’s become just as much of a classic than the original story.
2. The Bridges of Madison County. Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood star in this adaptation of the best-selling novel by Robert James Waller.
3. When Harry Met Sally is one of several classic romantic movies starring Meg Ryan.
4. Slumdog Millionaire is a fairly recent film, but this romantic tell of a man searching for the love of his life for years is destined to be a romantic classic.
5. Shakespeare in Love recounts the love story of William Shakespeare and Viola de Lesseps (Gwyneth Paltrow). Lesseps pretends to be a man so she can appear in one of Shakespeare’s plays (at the time, men played all the roles). This was the movie that gave Paltrow her first Oscar win and made women everywhere fall in love with the dashing Will Shakespeare (as played by Joseph Fiennes).
6. There have been many movie versions of the novel Pride and Prejudice, but many people find the 1995 TV mini-series starring Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy and Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet the best. If you love the novel, this is a great adaptation.
Love any of these movies? Have any to add to the list? Let us know!
Don’t forget to order your Valentine’s Day flowers in Houston, TX. There’s still time to get your order in!